What is dental bonding in Twyford?
Dental bonding or teeth bonding is a cosmetic dental treatment that can be used to improve the appearance of your teeth quickly and painlessly.
Many patients throughout Twyford, Reading and Berkshire are opting for dental bonding for an updated smile.
Teeth bonding uses a composite resin that is closely matched to the colour of your own teeth. This resin is then applied gently to your teeth to disguise problems such as:
- Covering up cracks or chips
- Filling in unwanted gaps between teeth
- Smoothing out uneven surfaces
- Disguising dis-coloured teeth
- Increasing the size and appearance of small teeth
Dental bonding requires minimal preparation and is a painless treatment. There’s no need for an anaesthetic, drills or injections.
The process for teeth bonding
After your initial consultation, your cosmetic dentist will select a resin that closely matches the colour of your own teeth.
Your dentist will then prepare your tooth or teeth by gently etching at the surface. A special conditioning liquid is applied to the tooth which adheres the resin to the tooth.
The composite resin is then bonded on to your tooth to get the desired shape. The resin is then hardened on to the tooth using a special laser.
In the final step, your dentist will shape and polish the resin to give a final clean finish.
The entire process for dental bonding will take about an hour, but if you opt for dental bonding of more than one tooth then more appointment times maybe required.
Benefits of dental bonding
Teeth bonding is a popular dental treatment throughout Twyford, Reading and Berkshire and there are many reasons for this.
- Dental bonding is an effective cosmetic dental treatment that can be used to disguise a range of issues that you may not like about your teeth.
- Teeth bonding gives you instant results. Once your treatment is over you can walk out of the surgery with a new smile.
- Dental bonding is a painless treatment. There’s no need for anaesthetic and you won’t feel any discomfort during the process.
- This cosmetic dental treatment is affordable and a very cost-effective way to update the appearance of your teeth.
- Teeth bonding is a fast dental treatment with most appointments taking about an hour to treat one tooth.
- A fast treatment with most appointments taking about an hour to treat one tooth.
If there’s something that you don’t like about your teeth, get in touch to find out more about teeth bonding and to book a free consultation.
Before and After Dental Bonding
Our dentists bring at least 20 years’ experience to our practice, so you know you’ll be in safe hands when you put your trust in Twyford Dental.
Expect a friendly welcome, state-of-the-art equipment – including intra-oral scanners and 3D radiographs – and treatments with minimal downtime.